Monday, August 3, 2009

New ward, home sale and stuff

Alot has happened since Fathers Day and some of it has been great, some has been ok and the other stuff, well, it just sucks. We did go through a ward split and so now we have a new bishop and with that I have been released from being the second councilor in the young mens presidency. I havent been called to anything yet but I am sure something is coming my way. I do hope it is a calling in the Primary. I just love kids and the perfectness that they have and share. If I could bottle that up and store it, breath it, drink it, snort it, jk, use it to when I am feeling down, I would have fewer down moments in my life. Thank goodness for kids!!

We have recieved word that the offer on the house has been accepted by the bank and it looks like it is finally going to sell. The poor home has been vandalized so much that I really feel sorry for the new homeowners. They have got some work to do but I hope it is a home that will provide safety and love and comfort for them.

I still have not been able to find work in this ugly economy. There have been a couple of interviews and the parting words have been like " we would like to hire you but you are over-qualified." Another is "you made to much we can't compete." I have made some calls to California where the work is still moving along but they dont have anything just yet. If things go well, maybe by the first of Sept. I will have a position. Commuting is not the way I would like to go but if it is a job I will do it.

We are still working with Trent on his mission. We met with the Stake President today and he told us that Trent is not going on a full time mission. However he can serve a part-time service mission here in the area. I am totally liking this because he can still go to school and serve a misson and feel that he accomplished both. There has been some very serious arguements about a mission and what people feel is the best thing for Trent. The bottom line is that Trent should be the one who decides on what he wants to do. Nobody else should tell him how to live, what to do, or how to do it. Speaking of that boy he turned twenty on Friday so Happy Birthday Trent!. Trent is a very good boy and we as a family will be blessed no matter on what he decides to do with his life. As his dad I am very proud of him and the recognition that he recieves from people that say he is the most kindest young man they have ever met. I am very proud of my kids and what they represent. By no means are we perfect but we try and we try hard to please all those that are around us but some times it just doesnt seem it is enough. My kids will do great things in there lives.

Kelsi and Jolie are now getting ready for school and sad to see the summer go. It has been a fun summer for me even though I didnt work. I have been able to do alot of fun things which normally I would not have been able to do. I did have a part time job in Heber for awhile which I appreciated so much! It helped the funds stretch a little further.

So everyone take care as the summer break winds down and life resumes back to the school schedule. I have enjoyed each and everyone of you as friends in my life this summer. You mean so much to me. Thank You! Take care and c'ya!!

2 comments:

Chelley said...

Hang in there, man! I have enjoyed Wednesday swim day and don't know if I could have made i thru that day without somewhere to go. Your family was so helpful to us all summer and we are always hoping for the best for you guys! Good luck with Trent, jobs, callings, and everything!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Trent. Serving is serving and he and your family will be blessed for his service. Have you checked Nevada for work? My cousins husband is a foreman and he commutes from Nevada because they have work still. Just a thought. I am glad your house will finally sell and you can stop that worry. It is so nice to get things off our plate every once in awhile.