Since the last post, I have been able to sleep at nights. Thank goodness! I think what caused part of the sleeplessness was the fact that I was being prepared to receive a new calling in my church. I did receive that new calling and it was to the High Priest group in the ward. Along with that I was called to be the Second Assistant to the President. WOW! I am now in a group of men that have more knowledge and wisdom about the gospel that I know what to do with. Especially when it comes to giving lessons. I know nothing compared to them.
But this calling came with a big surprise. When I received the call, the President stood up in front of the group and explained why the change took place for the First Assistant but he could not explain why my name came to him for the Second Assistant position. He said that he went through all of the brethren names, not once, not twice, but many times and my name kept coming to him. The President said that he did not know who I was or what special talents I possessed to have such a strong influence on him but it did. He said that the calling did not come from himself but from the Lord.
This inspired me to try harder in my church responsibilities. To this day, I believe that the calling did come from Heavenly Father. I have felt a purpose and a need that has filled a void in my life that has been in existence for some time. I feel I have been truly blessed by the new calling.
As for the rest of the family, Trent has been working with me off and on doing deliveries. Laurie finished the school year and has started taking classes on-line from BYU. She is hoping to finish her education and complete her degree. Kelsi graduated from high school and from seminary and has got a job working at Golfland as a cashier. She has also applied at Pima Medical institute and has started her Pharmacy Technician degree. So proud of her! Jolie played softball during the spring season and poor thing lost all of her games except one. The one game that her team won, she was the winning run to win it! It was a rush to home plate and she beat the throw home! Jolie has had fun this summer hanging out with friends. She also says that she is ready for school to start.
Work continues for me but it still is uncertain at times if or when I will get a call to make a delivery. It is getting slightly better. The exception for work is the truck that I was using. The engine overheated and it cracked the heads on the engine. So now it sits in the side yard as a huge lawn ornament at the cost of $500.00 a month. Ouch!!!!! Thinking I will have to get a second job to pay for the new engine.
As school starts real soon, I am hoping that I can find the time to have a little fun. All work and no play makes Richard a dull boy! ha ha! Until next time, you all be safe out there!
Women Hair styles Fashion
15 years ago
1 comment:
Congratulation on your new calling, you will do great!!
I do hope you can get your new lawn ornament repaired soon. I know how frustrating and costly that can be! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment