Monday, March 16, 2009

Another chapter closed.

I closed another chapter in my life last week when we got the last of the remaining things from the house. Closing the door and locking it was just like turning the page of the book you have been reading prior to the next chapter. We will miss that house but will cherish the many fun memories we have had while living there. I am sure we will be given the oppurtunity to buy another home in the future, but for now, we joined the many who rent there homes to live. When we went to church today we were asked if we had bought a home in the ward. We told them we were just renting one and the response was " oh". Not sure how to take that as a response but only time will tell. Hope it doesnt affect us in fitting into the ward. The new home is coming together. We still have a few boxes to go through and the garage still needs some organizing, but it is feeling more like a home. Laurie is really glad she chose this one.

Last weekend we took a camping trip with our friends just to kind of get away for awhile. The place that Bryan picked out was beautiful. Lots of pine trees and a little stream flowing nearby. We were thinking it was going to rain on us but the only drawback was that it was cold. The low was like 29 degrees and the high was 48. Even though it was cold we still had a great time. Bryan and Michelle were great cooks and the food was wonderfull!!! I had such a brain spasm in trying to get everything ready to go, I forgot the chocolate for smores, forks, cups, paper towels, and last but not least, TOILET PAPER!!. Pine needles dont work as toilet paper but they work great as a broom. Did I mention that I forgot that too!!lol It was a great time! I did not think about anything. The old house, the new house, work, bills, or other things that I would normally worry about. It was very refreshing. But boy did I need a shower when we got home.

Well the kids are on spring break this week and so we will try to make the best of it and make it fun for them. They are glad that they dont have to go to school. Gotta run, contractors needing to talk to me so everyone have a good week!!! Take care!! C'ya!!

2 comments:

Chelley said...

We had a great time as well! we are so glad we went! Now, you were a bit nice about the cold being a drawback! It was so dang cold that it was a major problem! However, when we go back in July or sometime, it will be perfect!

We got a bit of the same response of "oh" when we told people we were renting. We then told them we will probably stay put for several years and then they were a little more enthused. Its like you arent worth getting to know if you are just renters. Stupid!!

Hope things are well!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes closing chapters of our lives is difficult. Try not to let the things people say bug you, just immerse yourself in the ward and "fake it til you feel it". My new motto as someone who is also closing a chapter in my life (just a little different kind :>